Friday, October 7, 2016

HAPPY CUSTOMER "lip" SERVICE WEEK – a Word for the SMEs in Nigeria

Earlier this afternoon as I walked into an “acclaimed” new generation bank I was overwhelmed with greetings of “happy customer service day”, “welcome to our bank”, “we cherish our customers”, “Please have some CAKE” … bla bla bla. In my head I was thinking “se Caeki lo se mi ni isin” (a Yoruba way of saying Is Cake my biggest problem now?), nothing was funny as a lot was going through my mind.
I am at the verge of losing a mouth-watering project for lack of funds to continue operations. What if my client reneges on the project for lack of capability?
Of what good is Customer service day without meeting the critical need of the customer?
Why don’t we have a realistic provision of finance instruments for SMEs? Instruments that are accessible, reliable and sustainable. Not SME programs that favor just a few or those with political undertones.

Economies in developed climes (yes I know we are developing), have over the years been driven by the SMEs. They recognize SMEs as the backbone of the economy. The SMEs in Germany and across Europe pull over 60% weight on their individual GDPs. In Canada for instance, SMEs employ over half of the Private Sector labour force.

We have just started but we can do more to encourage funding for SME growth in Nigeria.
What can YOU do to support SMEs? Businesses that have broken the “Glass & Brick” Ceilings, how can we lend our voice and not our lips to canvass for better finance climates for the SMEs in Nigeria? The SME today is the APPLE, IKEA, STARBUCKS COFFEE, SAMSUNG, L’OREAL tomorrow.
Can we push deliberations until systems are created and laws enacted where necessary, for our SMEs to grow?

I have a dream, that we will build GLOBAL brands from the SMEs of today, One Brand at a time.
I am committed to building businesses by providing timely, tested and Uniquely-tailored strategies that would guaranty an up-surge on their financial bottom lines & growth indices within a reasonable time frame ceteris paribus.

To SME founders, Idea owners and brand builders in Lagos,
Here is an Invitation to Learn Business Plan & Strategies - a Recession perspective & More.
Join Dream Factory & I, This October. For details, visit my blog
Send Register to events@hope365network.com
Or Call 08081180081 to reserve a seat.








No comments:

Post a Comment