Hello Friends,
Ok here comes the 2nd part of the scene.
In case you missed the 1st, it's here http://ralphobafemi.blogspot.com/2014/12/its-in-you.html .
...I could imagine what was going through Mimi's mind when she raised her hands emphatically requesting that I lift her up, there must have been this complete (innocent, naïve) unspoken and "unknowing" understanding that "I don't have any other father after all".
But really come to think of this, a two (2) year old has spent practically
"all" her life with her Mum and Dad, could she have expected any less than that her parents are in charge of her wellbeing any day, anytime? Deep within this baby, you could see expressions of "total submission", "total reliance", "total confidence", and of course inexorable expectations from her father.
It occurs to me that obviously or most probably, one reason why we as frail humans, fail to depend "absolutely" on God is because we have begun to see/employ alternatives", we have begun to "confide-in" other things, we have found options that may suit us when we "think" that God is not there for us or that He is too slow to respond to our many needs.
If I knew that this was my only Father and I had no where to turn to, then I would stick to him whatever the case may be. I wouldn't care (just like Mimi) that He was attending to someone else' problems or as it were, the whole world is on Him, He is burdened by other issues bla bla bla.
For all I care, this is my dad and I need him to respond to me!
If you call God "Father" (which God Himself validates in Romans 8:14-17), do you totally submit, unreservedly confide, wholly depend, absolutely expect Him to "attend" to you in your time of need?
Do you believe that He is so much your father enough to keep other issues aside, "adjust" his attention to others' needs just to give you the attention you deserve? How much do you believe in your relationship with Him? Do you see Him as the Father that "attends" to you only when you are "pure" and in right standing (in your mind) ...with Him? Does God become more real to you only when you think you are "real" enough with Him?
What defines your relationship with God?
Who defines your relationship with God?
What threatens your relationship with God?
What "lies" have you soooo believed in that has so much altered your relationship with God?
Well for me, my Father is my Father, any day, any time, and Daddy has got my time whenever I come calling...
Ciao

Wow! What an eye opener. Thank you sir.
ReplyDelete