Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's In You!







Appreciations <visualphotos.com>
She didn't mind that I was carrying her younger brother so close to my chest and providing as it were, sonorous melodies for the young lad to sleep off.... Her hands were lifted high, outstretched and waiting for me to receive her...


When I first saw her hands both lifted towards me, I thought, "are you kidding me"? "can't you see that my hands are full?" " i'm carrying your kid-brother here .." "where and how do I carry you also"... Like someone reading through her daddy's' mind, she withdrew both hands, retreated into a minute of thoughts then voila, the hands were raised again with much more optimism...
you could read so clearly the message in her eyes... "where else do you want me to go to?", "i don't care if you got him on you, you might as well have to take both of us".. "you don't have an option dad"....

Of course  I had to adjust the little lad on my breasts and lift my new guest to join the "rocking team".
I held on firmly to these two lads weighing cumulatively over 20kg for the next 30 minutes and wondering where on earth did I find the energy to do this.

Then my thoughts began to whirl, I began to see life from another perspective... sometimes we don't see the "latent energy" in us until we are faced with the demands of life then the true energy wells out from within.. we often think and even say that we are unable to do certain things until we are faced with a situation where push gets to shove and you find out you have already done what you never believed you could do.... Think of it like you saying "I can't eat an alligators flesh" and then you find yourself somehow in a missions field where all you've got to feed on is a well prepared appetizing "alligator barbeque"... then you find out its you're relishing the aroma of the meal.

The limitations we put on our mind, our capacity to do, our abilities, our talent, our energies... are still there because we have not been put in that "tight-corner" where every skill in you is "forced" out by necessity. Just like I thought I was too ill and weak to carry these two lads until I had to hold on to them for so long. You don't think about the possibility to walk on water, you just take a step into the water and start walking, you've got to stop thinking of your inability to do, to write that script, to publish that book, to sing that song, to  make that investment... rather you've got to walk into the studio and start singing, sign that cheque, get to work, quit thinking, start doing...

This is just one line of thought... I will come back to you on the other shortly...so stay tuned.

 

1 comment: